Tuesday, September 08, 2015

An Actual Game! Woo!

So I'm running a game! Yay!

We're using the roll20.net platform and I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's promising. We'll be doing this on Monday nights, 7pm est unless something else happens.

Here's the link if you want to look in on it:
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1006208/hail-fester

I'm using my Festrian Empire, in a frontier setting, using CT 1-3. There's background from books 4-6, and some ancillary characters from Supp. 4. I'm going to be using a Mayday framework for ship combat, but scaled to Book 2 and using slightly altered Book 2 rules. All the players thus far are new to Traveller; one's new to roleplaying. We'll see how it all goes.

I'm going to be using a Mayday framework for ship combat, but scaled to Book 2 and using slightly altered Book 2 rules. In addition to1 hex = 10,000 km, I'm adjusting the range modifiers: rather than having the sharp cutoffs at 250000km and 500000km, I'm having a cumulative -1 for every 100000km/10 hexes. So 200000 is -2 , 300000 is -3, 500000 is -5; it's comparable to the standard book 2 rule but the smoother scale seems more reasonable to me. I guess that when they were doing floor & string vectors, having the sharp cutoff was easier to eyeball.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm applying PART of Mayday's interpretation of Maneuver/Evade, Auto/ Evade and Maneuver: They're not compatible, and while any of them can be in computer storage, only one can be active in a given turn: if you're using maneuver during your movement phase, you can't benefit from A/E that same turn.

Auto Evade allows the -2 defensive bonus, but at the expense of adding maneuvers. Since LBB2 is explicit about Maneuver/Evade allowing regular maneuver, I'm going to allow go with that rather than Mayday's ruling that any maneuvers are at -1 G. The broader scale of that game makes the rule make more sense to me for some reason.

So we'll see how this goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home